Nancy (Ross) Hill

After Wayland High School I went to school on Maui. I became a wife, mother of two beautiful Hawaiian girls, and a Registered Nurse. For 14 years I was part of the local Maui/Hawaiian culture. I was active in the rodeo scene, danced the Hula, spoke Japanese, and organized the Maui Nurses into a strong labor union. I was president of the Hawaii State Nurses Association Collective Bargaining Organization.

In 1982 I moved back East with my two daughters to attend school in Maine. I reconnected with David Hill, a childhood summer love in Maine. David and I have been married now for 25 years. I now have four daughters, three grandchildren and live in my husband’s family homestead on Chebeague Island, Maine. I am presently employed as an Administrative Nursing Supervisor at Mid Coast Hospital in Brunswick, Maine. I am the Captain of the Town of Chebeague Fire/Rescue. I am a paramedic, a firefighter, an avid quilter, a baker and have occasionally held public office.