Becky (Senior) Bulowski

I graduated from Wayland HS at the age of 17,
feeling young, shy, insecure and completely lacking the confidence I thought I needed to succeed. Fortunately, I soon realized there was an adventurous side to my personality (un-tapped to that point) that wanted to experience what life had to offer.
My need for security kept me close to home for the next two years. I lived in Wayland and commuted to Framingham State College. After two years I transferred to Plattsburgh State in NY, experienced one of the snowiest winters on record in upper state NY, and moved back to complete my BS at Framingham State.
Following college I taught in the public school system for five years, moved to Phoenix, AZ where I got an M.Ed., taught for another three years, dearly missed the change of seasons that New England has to offer and moved back to the northeast. I moved to NH, where I met my husband, a native of the state, and have settled here for the past 25 years. After teaching for a total of 10 years, I became a health educator for the state of NH, working in health promotion. I have advanced to become the head of the chronic disease program for NH public health where most of my efforts are spent in cancer prevention and control.
My husband Peter is a teacher and soon after we married we chose not to have children (after being with kids all day – how could we do this 24/7!?). We are both involved with animal rescue organizations, mostly with greyhound rescue. We currently have our second ‘ex-racer’ and two rescued cats living with us.
I discovered a love for travel and music of all types. We have traveled throughout the US (flying and staying in hotels – we’re not ones for ‘roughing it’). A Saturday night could find us at the Chicago Symphony or Nashville’s Grand Ole Opry. After taking piano lessons as a child, I inherited a violin and now am a violin player.
My family is no longer in Wayland. My father is deceased and is buried in the North Wayland cemetery so I do get to Wayland every few months. Kevin Burke is buried near my father so I often visit him for a quick ‘hi’ while I am there.
I hope the years have been good to my fellow graduates. Wayland HS seems like another lifetime. It was great to read the blogs.
Attached pictures are from travels during the last year, including Jacksonville, FL and Boston (still our favorite city), and my husband and our dog Betsy and me, doing what we love to do!