Lynne Harrison

Greetings, all!
One of the greatest joys in life is to have friendships that outlast the tests of time and miles. I couldn’t get much further away from Wayland, living here in the middle of Washington State. Now, thanks to technology, it doesn’t seem quite so far. But I am jumping ahead.
In 1967, I moved to Wayland from the DC area. I was Motown, you were Beatles – but we discovered common ground! I had only been in Wayland 1 ½ years when we graduated. I stayed around Boston another 4 years and finished my BA at Emmanuel College. My graduation cap was hardly off my head when I was back down in MD, trying to figure out the next step. The original intent was to be a ski bum for a season before settling down, but romance got in the way, so I looked for a real job instead. Then it was back to school, for a master’s degree at Trinity College in DC, which led me to a life-long career in higher education. For nearly 15 years I worked at Montgomery College in MD, as a counselor, disability support services coordinator, and alumni director/fundraiser. I never could do one thing for too very long before getting the itch for change. Except in marriage. Well, the first one only lasted some 3 years, but I was with Norman Imamshah for 25 years. We moved across country in 1997, from VT to WA, with our 2 sons; and this is home now. My ‘baby,’ 22, just graduated from college; my other son, nearly 24, is heading to Iraq. But I won’t go political here. I’ve been working at Central WA University since ’99, in 2 different jobs so far. Divorced, I am now entering my next stage, and it is full of joy and promise.
So jumping back to the beginning, I hope it works that I can make this trek across country. I look forward to seeing you again!

With Warm Regards,
Lynne